Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

What is right? What feels right?

Here is the deal: things have been rough, I have been very, very down. In this space and place, wondering if your path was right, is never a comfortable feeling. We are on the verge of an enormous political insurgance. Some douchebag made a video that was anti- Islam, however the timing in suspect. On September, 11,2012' a diplomat for the US and Afganistan was killed, including 4 others, one of which was an Oregon, retired military man. No matter the deaths, it is the same result. Anyone that has lost someone knows that pain.
I am not ignorant: I pay attention. Voting Romney is ABSOLUTELY the wrong vote.While his rhetoric and verbiage is confusing: it is meant to be. If it is vague and indecipherable then you , or, I, cannot attack it. There is a clear reason for the vagueness.
This man, and his running mate are running on fumes. There are ARE two signifigant issues: gay rights and abortion. In reality, what is Romney offering the average constituent? He believes that middle class is 200-250k household and we all know that is so inappropriate, it is not worth discussing.
Unfortunelately, we live, in the US in this vicious cycle; we want all of the amenities, but resist paying for it. Yes, I am a Democrat, but that is based on social, not fiscal policy. We, as a nation, have a huge responsibility, and YES, taxes suck, but our infrastucture depends on our dollars. Yes, there is government reform needed, but, this a government for the people by the people. Our current ignorance is unacceptable. Our parents and grandparents etc. came here for a reason: And it was NOTto have their voices ignored.
How many US citizens make upwards of 250k a year? Not the majority, that is for sure. I am disclosing very personal information here and now. I was 20 years old when I discovered that I was pregnant. My boyfriend at the time was very abusive and I could not, with good conscience put a child through that.  He was a drug dealer, highly manipulative, but that ,does not change MY decision to terminate my pregnancy. Please realize that this is something that i have shared with few. I am a Christian and  I know many of my family will condemn me. Does anyone think that making this world wide statement is easy? Well, it is not.
I own that choice. It was mine to make . I understand the it is unpopular, but I would like you to walk a mile through my sorted past, then tell me that what I CHOSE wad wrong.  The idea of being forever linked to an abusive drug dealer for the rest of  my and my child's life was too much.
For a long time I did not discuss this. I felt too ashamed, but I am NO longer ashamed. Romney wants to take that choice away and while I do not discount the value of human life, I respect the enormity of the commitment.
Whatever hour situation is, the option of not putting a child through the horrible events of your childhood is not right you should readily discard .,
If you had an idealic childhood, you are quite lucky. Most did not,me included. Form your own opinion, think what you will ,
It is never a decision taken lightly, by any woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment