Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My Soap Box

I, like most Americans, don't really "fit" into one political box perfectly. Most people lay somewhere in the middle in the support of the social ideologies and fiscal policy. However, as a registered Democrat I have become frustrated with the inherent passive nature of the Democratic Party in contrast to the radical, over the top actions of the extreme fundamental conservatives.

Everyone is discussing politics, it is all over every major network, captivating the major headlines and is the butt of many jokes on such shows as The Daily Show with Jon Stewart or The Colbert Report with Stephen Colbert. The last thing the world needs is one more talking head spewing political rants. With that said however, I recently decided that I could no longer sit back and watch as chaos ensues within our government and country. I decided that I wanted to be an active participant in the movement to subdue the radical political overtures being attempted by the new "Tea Party."

As far as I am concerned, there is and will always only be ONE tea party and that took place in 1773 in a little town known as Boston.

Stay tuned for reflections on our Constitution, The Bill of Rights and what our fore fathers really envisioned for this great nation, along with comments on current hot topics and more. I will commit to at least one blog posting a week and promise to keep it interesting and hopefully humorous as well.

Sabrina

An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations down to a town meeting or a vestry. - Thomas Jefferson

No comments:

Post a Comment